Android 10 is finally available on several of the latest Samsung smartphones via the One UI 2.0 update, but as many Samsung owners discovered, the latest version of Android did not support the One UI’s Good Lock customization app at launch. Luckily, the app was recently updated with support for Android 10 and One UI 2.0, and you download the new version from the Galaxy Store right now.
If you’ve never used it before, Good Lock is a Samsung-exclusive app packed with various modules and widgets that let you customize the UI, personalize gesture controls, and add new features to your phone that normally aren’t available through Google Play Store apps. Some highlights include:
- Bixby Routines: Lets you create automated system routines with the Bixby assistant.
- ClockFace: Includes several clock faces that can be applied to your lock screen and other clock widgets.
- One Hand Operation +: Lets you modify and create new gesture controls.
- QuickStar: Lets you change the look and layout of the status bar, notifications menu, and notification behaviors.
- Sound Assistant: Lets you control volume, EQ balance, Bluetooth settings, and other audio options for individual apps.
- Task Changer: Personalize your recent apps menu.
- Theme Park: Make your own UI themes.
There are many additional modules available that let you control everything from screen boundaries on curved-screen devices to customizing hands-free car mode and more. Note that some of the modules haven’t been updated from Android 10 and One UI 2.0 yet—such as Lock Star, which lets you customize the look and layout of the lock screen—so not all of them currently work, though you can still grab them now in the hopes that they’ll be updated soon.
How to use Good Lock modules to customize your Samsung phone
The entire Good Lock module package is included when you download the Good Lock app directly from the Galaxy Store, but they’re also available piecemeal from APK Mirror in case you sideloaded the app or you live in a region where the full package isn’t available. For those who can’t get the full package all at once but don’t want to install the module APKs one by one, XDA Developer forums user Xantrk has a specialized launcher called NiceLock that will download and install them all for you.
To use one of the modules, first download and install Good Lock is you haven’t already, then launch the app to find and use a list of all the modules you have downloaded. Tap on the module you wish to use, then adjust the settings as necessary.